Sunday, January 2, 2011

When death is missing!

If you’re a fan of Family Guy you would have seen an episode when death comes knocking at the Griffin's house and gets hurt and Peter has to take over for a while! It's an interesting episode and I think about. When does death come calling?

There was a 30 year period in my life when no-one died in my family. Some were at their 90's and no-one passed away. I used to tell people this and they would say man you’re lucky; I have lost so and so over the years. I always wondered why not us! One of my aunts died in the early 70' and then no-one until early 2000.

Since then death has been calling frequently with a number gone and some put on notice. I remember being told when I was a young man by a coworker Ed DeSimone that there comes a time that someone dies almost weekly sometimes daily in your life. He has since passed away of Cancer. He was a great mentor and wonderful human being.

So my point is this! Notice those you love, tell so and if your one of the lucky ones that have no deaths for decades, be thankful because you can be assured death will not be missing forever.

Chat soon!

Dr Q

No comments:

Post a Comment