Monday, August 15, 2011

Talking Helps, Listening Heals!

I woke up this morning with a pain in my lower back that penetrates down my right leg and is so strong that if it wasn’t for the walls I would fall (this is why my surgeon said I should not drive until we know what going on). Ok but that is not the reason for this blog! Lots of people in the world live with worse pain and very difficult situations!

But I find talking helps me! I blog and through blogging it helps me stay in touch with current events and still give me purpose. Maybe my experiences, knowledge and just maybe a small sentence or word through my blogs can help someone as much as it helps me!

You see talking helps! Have you noticed there are group meetings for almost any disease on earth? Small communities that share what they are dealing with and talk it out! The interesting thing is that talking helps, but in these groups there are a dozen or other people sharing their experiences and so LISTENING HEALS!

It is often said that the creator gave you two years and one mouth for a reason. Well the reason is balance but you get the point!

Whether your facing death (we all are) or diagnosed with a terminal disease, or just feeling worthless (the most dangerous of all) talk to someone or those close to you but never forget to LISTEN, fort he talking helps but it's the power of listening and applying that heals!

Dr. Q

1 comment:

  1. Ya know...you're a damm genius. I need to bring you with me to my annual CISM training and certification. Voices like you need to be heard..voices like yours will save a life... Your voice can teach others. You have a gift my friend something I struggle with when I teach seems to run so smoothly from your mouth..(fingers). You have a fan and I am enjoying your writing very much. We need more voices like yours to make a difference with our new generation of youth. :-)

    ReplyDelete