Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The day life changed, the day I died! (part 2)


This bog is with the assistance of Robert who watched me die and come back a different man on Feb 14, 2008!

Part 2

One never forgets when something happens like it did to me on February, 14 2008!After my body started changing and after many tests and treatment with my jaw especially, we never got to complete the cervical spine issues, in May 27 2009 a lady speeding through an intersection in Coral Gables on her phone slammed into the other side of my car. It was a few thousand dollars from totaling the car!

However that accident added to the many health issues I was dealing with! Sitting in bed a few days after that accident my toes would not move! I had no pain on my lower back or legs but things like toes and legs stopped working! I could no longer stand and at times if it were not for leaning on a wall or Rob I would collapse. A cane became my best friend! I have one in every corner of my house and in each car!

After a number of doctors and treatments, i was rushed to the hospital because my lower spine had collapsed! I now have four bolts that to support my lower back and keep the spine from pinching my sciatic nerves which was causing my legs to die.

Well when I said I had no back pain, this was before surgery! I have never been the same since then! I live in constant pain from head to toe every day of my life. Being allergic to most pan medication,s I have limited ability to assist me with the pain except to lay down in a fetal position at times and cry allot.

Traveling in a car is a major issue! I always suffer for days with muscle spasms even after having a second back surgery to address this problem! Now I am back to the beginning with a new neurologist to see what else can be done. We never can get back to my upper health challenges because walking is key to mobility so we try to fix the bottom of the body before we can again address the top!

As I type this my fingers hurt, my neck is i pain, but the back does not act up until I try to stand up from the chair. 

This is nothing to what my sister is dealing with! She has cancer treatments every week and either the treatment or her body will eventually kill her. I am not facing that dilemma, but like her I am in pain every day! The only difference is mine could of been avoided if people did not drive DUI or on their cell phones speeding because they are late taking their kid to school!In addition after your health starts deteriorating after surgery there were prostate problems still unresolved, then I had a heart condition that needed hospitalization and now a possible bl;ladder issue needing a pacemaker!


I was taking 26 pills a day which I personally reduced to 16 because my liver was starting to being a problem! What happened in February, 14 2008 changed my life forever! That young man was arrested and walked away with a scratch in his head. His car was derivable! But my live and those around me changed forever. A DUI driver not only effects the one he/she injures they effect everyone in that individuals circle!

I most of the time wished that when I died that day in February 2008 for a few seconds that I stay dead! Dealing with all these health issues, needing constant assistance, being a burden to those you love is extremely depressing at times. Having to stop working was very difficult! I have been working since I was 11! Being restricted to my home 24x7 most of the time is very depressing and I could go on!

So though my life changed that day, I try to focus on why I did not! Hopefully there is a master plan and though I may never now why it just was not my turn to die but it was my turn to experience pain for the rest of my life! I now live day to day and at times hour to hour!


But I still love every minute of life's beauty and it's people even under the circumstances! I think I appreciate a butterfly, a rose, a kind person more than before that day that changed my life and for a few seconds I died!

Dr Q

No comments:

Post a Comment