Monday, September 19, 2011

The day life changed, the day I died!

This bog is with the assistance of Robert who watched me die and come back a different man on Feb 14, 2008!

Part 1

It was Feb 14 at app. around 11:30 pm as we arrived in Providence RI to do what has come to be a tradition in our circle and that is the midnight shot welcoming in the new birthday year. As a surprise I had all our local New England friends meeting at a local establishment for the midnight as Rob started his last year in his 30's number 39!

I was the driver he was resting for it was his night. Maybe my guardian angel knew I could of taken the impact that was about to happen and that the love of my life could not. I rarely drove before that day and less since! I turned the car to park and I awoke on Rob's lap, being asked if I was OK! I missed the entire accident and to this day it's emotional just talking about it. For a moment or two I died and came back as someone else! The car was totaled and if you saw it, you wonder how I walked out of the car! It was not my day but what was to come would be more devastating to me than death itself!

Sometimes when you have a major auto accident and you bleed the body releases the pressure and in some cases it causes less internal damage. I did not have a scar except for a huge bump on my head as the frame of the car hit my head at app. 45 mph and pushed me into Rob's lap. My shoulder ached and my right knew was bruised the next day from the steering wheel. I had just experienced head trauma and a concussion!

As we have sen in recent years people die from light head trauma (internal bleeding), but as I said it was not my time! It wa though a day for me to experience life as I would never would of imagined. Why I was kept here is beyond me, but as my friend Trebor told me recently, maybe it's for writing blogs such as these! When I can I bog about what touches me, what moves me, what relates to me and what I have passion for!

He was a young man with his new red Mustang I believe! He was out in town with all his friends but unforgettably UDI! I don't know if it was alcohol or weed or maybe even more! I just remember two things are the impact! People asking are you OK, and a young man running from inside the shinning red vehicle that changed my life forever running to the side of the building!

We were there to pick up our grandson! You see we have Micah one week a year and I don;t care what I had to suffer with I treasure my grandson and that week. So I refused the offer to go to the hospital headed to the hotel room and picked up Micah the next day and headed back to Jersey! Rob stayed up all night making sure I did not die and still drove back home. The creator gave me an angel on May 11, 199 @ 130 and that was Robert!

I was actually ok until the welling started to go down and the body adjusted to the impact days later! I started to get major headaches that would penetrate through my cervical spine that still continue today! I started to forget people, places and things! I had what they call total short term memory loss for app 8 months! I would get lost gong to work or coming home! I would forget people I just met hours ago, I lost my job! My memory eventually rewired itself or it would of been a permanent disability. However it has never been the same. Sometimes I awake and don't know who Rob is still today! Sometimes I call out my x-wife and expect her next to me and glad to see Rob when I realize the mistake.

I had what they call night tremors and believed I was killing people at nights. Rob took many beatings as I lived these dreams! My neurologist said one day, " and he is still with you"! Many nights Rob stayed awake making sure I could breath. For some reason I would stop breathing. It became hard to fold clothes and holding a simple thing like a remote control was a heavy chore.

The day life changed, the day I died will continue on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment