Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mothers worry!

The last few weeks have been filled with doctor visits and tests and in all I have my fingers crossed nothing else materializes. I have actually had some good news lately. My hypertension is under control after almost 6 years of uncontrolled rhythm and hypertension. I also had some good new on the heart disease front.

That being said we need to follow up on other challenges I am dealing with in coming weeks and being the holiday season, I think doctors tend to tell you less than the truth. However on the way back from one of my appointments my neurologist said he may be concerned that there may be a tumor in my brain. Of course my mother was with me since Rob had to work and she went ballistic when I shared this with her.

I don’t have many people to talk to on what I am dealing with and I had though she up to date on my various challenges. Well she forgot one of the most important one I am dealing with. My children have their own lives and my daughter refuses to accept it. So I am left with Rob, My sis and brother. All of which are calm and optimistic except my mother.

You see as a parent, I understand my mothers concern! We never want our children to go before us! She is so afraid and worries my sister or I will leave earth before her and this worries her every moment. I have come to appreciate nobody cares like mothers! They brought you into this world and never anticipate leaving after me or my sister! I am so happy to be dealing with these challenges near my mom who worries so much about us and appreciate even more deeply she cares for me and Rob!

Chat soon!
Dr Q

No comments:

Post a Comment