Saturday, October 9, 2010

Living a good life with a positive circle of friends and family

If you are a follower’s of my blogs, by now you are aware I am living facing death! I say it that way because it's how I want to be treated. Some people start to die when they are diagnosed with a terminal some fight to live, I just accepted and moved on as if someone told me I had a bad tooth. You deal with the problem and emotion and then you live on.

That being said, this blog will focus on challenges I/people face when they have diagnosed with a terminal disease. There are so many side effects to diseases it’s unbelievable. Most people never die of the disease, they die of complications related to the specific disease.

Those that fight on, usually have something to fight for or just are afraid of death. I used to think constantly as to who would take care of Bam Bam as good as I would if I died before him. He needed me and in some way I needed him. I also used to think Robert needed me. But I have come to realize no human is depended on another. He would live on, just as would my kid's, mom, brother etc.

And so I live with the thought of why am I here! Some would say to enjoy life! Hummm, well I have to admit there are good days but unfortunately as the disease takes over your body you start having more bad than good days. You need to start planning for house care (we did this last week) you have to plan for the day when it comes and unlike people who are living every day (thought dying) we think of dying (while living).

In reality we are all dying, but those that are told 1-10, from that moment on think OK when will be the day, verses the people who are never given a number. They are dying too, but don't think about it. And so this blog will help me, as much as it will help you all to understand how a person feels when they have been diagnosed with a terminal disease. I have lost 4 people in my 51 years here, 3 to suicide and 1 to a disease worst than suicide, ALS.

This blog will deal with honest feelings and thoughts at the moment. Your welcome to join in the discussion and become part of something meaningful, since death eventually faces us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment