Friday, October 22, 2010

When you snap-The Lights May Go Out

This week we lost a loving friend we just started associating with! Someone my daughter loved and I know Rob and I would have followed suit. And then yesterday we got the news of an old friend who passed away. I remember when he and I worked the assembly line and technical troubleshooting. He was a wise young man and I would never let him get to me! Eventually we became friends and I enjoyed working with him for 5 years.

He became VP of sales for Microcom and then VP of sales for MTN. I have not seen him since 1999! He was a dad a loving husband a good golf player and extremely hansom and aged with perfection.

Based on feedback he snapped and the lights went out! I always remind everyone everybody has a breaking point. This is why we need to be respectful, kind and good to each other. There are many times I see no reason for living. There are times I am surrounded by a loving family a great partner and good friends and I still feel no reason to be here.

I don't know my breaking point. But I caution everyone that there is one for all of us. Some go alone when this happens some take the people that pissed them off. My friend Nelson lost his entire family to a person who snapped.

Please today and everyday do whatever you can to treat people with ultimate respect. Listen to them! Look for signs of depression! And most of all don’t intentionally piss anyone off. It may be there last day and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment