Monday, October 25, 2010

My Rainbow Weekend

It's interesting what a rainbow, yes a rainbow can do to your spirits. They happen constantly and sometimes we just plain either miss them, because we are focused on other matters, don't take the time to notice natural phenomenons or don't see the value!

Let me explain my rainbow weekend!

Rob and I left Friday to Miami for a number of personal reasons and like always we accomplish some but not all we aim to do! Last week in itself was a emotional weekend since we lost people we either have known, worked with or were related to our inner circle. And so I dedicate this to Sean, Heather and David's Mom since I don't remember her name!

Saturday we spend the day with one of what I call my angels on earth, Ron and his family. The embrace, well after years of not seeing him it itself a bog could be written. The intimate touching embrace we had at the bakery could write books. The day went perfect until Cheesecake Factory changed it all by their creasy shrimp followed by a goat cheese olive! I am sure some of you are vomiting right now! Well for the next 12 hours that is how I felt.

Sunday after a late start we headed home with our buddy coming back with us Uly. He of course because of being so happy to be on this trip starting drinking Sunday AM and now had to stop every 10 minutes for nature kept calling. We drove back with a spoiled 5 yo. One of our stops was on Alligator Alley!

Rob stopped the car after we just finished going through a heavy downpour and he forgot the lights, chargers everything electrical was on! So 20 minutes later the car would not start. At about now usually I would be like a shark going after bait, but as I turned around the most amazing thing happened! I saw the start and finish of a perfect half round rainbow. In my 52 years I have never seen a complete perfect circular rainbow so vivid it seemed someone painted in the sky.

I could not stop taking pictures and sharing it on Facebook. Everyone was pointing and starting at this amazing rainbow. It actually brought us joy and also a handsome man to help us start the car (well had nothing to do with the rainbow, or did it).

All the way home I wondered why a rainbow is associated with the gay community and I have the following possibilities:

Maybe it’s because we have a rainbow flag (minus the pink)
Maybe it’s because it creates joy (gay)
Maybe it's because Judy Garland sand one of the classics we embraced "over the rainbow"
Maybe it's just because

No comments:

Post a Comment