Friday, October 15, 2010

What to do to stay positive

I start seeing a federally funded Therapist Tuesday since depression is a condition that comes along with many people dealing with terminal illness. In my case I have been on depression medication since my first breakdown in 2006. Yesterday (I guess the Thursday I somehow don’t remember) I realized there is a few things I can do and therefore pass-along that can keep one on the positive side and have the willingness to move on and live.

This morning I feel somewhat down. Sometimes I can't explain! I got up this morning at 8 and when I had my long 8 month breakdown getting out of the bed was very difficult. I hope this is not a start on one to come. SO anyway this is what I have planned to keep me on the positive side of the line!

TALK TO MY MOTHER DAILY! My mother, who I treasure for being there when my dad was too busy drinking or seeing other woman/women, left stopped taking care of her children. Many times I used to see her cry wondering how she would feed 3 children and keep a roof over their heads. Today she is old and prays she goes first, so that her children don’t die before she does. So I have this plan to chat with my mother daily!

VOLUNTER! I spoke to a local charity to see if it's possible on my good days to spend a few hours volunteering and assisting others. We know based on studies when we help others we help ourselves.

DON'T HIDE! I will try as much as possible to talk to others. I have returned my BB and now have a basic cell phone and a house phone that will more than ever force me to answer it and receive encouragement from others as well as return it.

CONTINUE TO BLOG! When I blog I think others are reading and somehow I feel part of an extended community. It's like talking to a therapist! When people follow me I receive uplift, because maybe someone is feeling me and utilizing the information.

ACCEPT CHANGE! I am a believer successful people except and embrace change. Sometimes change means accepting change that takes you back to an earlier time when you were happy. This may mean giving up things that keep you away from those who care and embracing ones you thought never did. We as a society consider change to be more and more of what we don't need. I will try to do with less and making Rob, my children and family the focus of my life.

Don't know if this will work! But if not I will keep changing until I find what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment