Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Bucket List

Last night I started but could not finish the movie the Bucket List. I had seen it before, but to explain it briefly it's two guys who meet at the hospital who have cancer and about 6 months-1 yeah to live.

And so the Idea starts to right down 10 things you want to do before you leave this planet. I have always found such movies exciting. First from the perspective it deals with the subject people don't talk about "death" and second, we all want to have a bucket list or as I call them short term goals.

There is a line that Nicholas delivers that brings a very good point to heart! "Do you want to do home and lay around getting the sympathy calls etc, or do you want to live life to its fullest". I can't stress enough that people not react with compassion or sympathy when someone is dying but instead encourage for them to keep living.

I have blogged about this subject than any other. A person is living until declared dead! And even with a terminal disease, many will go before us. Medicine has gone along way and one can last for years with terminal diseases. I honestly believe doctors should not tell people how long they have since many have proven the doctors wrong.

Anyway, I don’t have a bucket list. I have lived a great life and now just want to spend time with my kids, Rob and family. I was very busy that most often I did not have time for me, so I know spend lots of time doing things I enjoy, which revolves around my family.

Yes I would like to do some traveling, but I have this heart issue I now need to address that will stop me from lots of activities until they fix it, But overall everything is good in this house! With the anticipation of my sisters arrival excitement is in the air.

Chat soon
Dr Q

No comments:

Post a Comment