Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When your day is occupied with doctors tests and pain!

Now that I live closer to my mother and aunt who are dealing with all kinds of illness due to age or hereditary diseases we spend lots of time chatting about what hurts, lack of sleep and the amount of pills we take. But none of these affect me or them more than seeing them/I deal with the pain.

Both my mom and aunt similar to me always lived very busy active people. Being restricted is the hardest to accept. I see my aunt try to help my uncle as they continue to get our house up to their standard. I see my mom just trying to bend over and walk (a huge challenge). And what effects me more is when they, like I speak about when we could do it all.

As you age we deal with pain, all kinds of probing tests and severe pain. I can't tell you how often Rob spends up at night when I have severe pain. There is not much he can do, but knowing he is there and then embracing me makes all better. I am lucky! My mom and Aunt don’t have this type of assistance, for their mates have their own issues due to age.

So my house again is a haven to discuss what we feel and how we deal with it. I remember once when my home was for dancing, running and lots of vibrant life all around us with kids and newborns. Those were the times!!!!

Today we still wobble to our chairs, we chat about what ails us and once in a while we go for some wings or lunch. All have to go home before the sunset or if it starts raining. But even as we deal with doctors, tests and pain, we find joy with each other and a huge smile is upon our faces when they come over to be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment