Monday, November 1, 2010

A man's best friend...... YEAH man and his/her dog!

I have discussed a number of times that when a doctor say's 1-10 you figure you’re somewhere around 5! Every day you think about death verses the regular folks that are dying along with you, but don’t have a number associated with their name!

For those of you who have pets, when you come home they have been told too! No they were not at the doctor, but they have this sense that is just amazing. The days when I don’t feel good I used to have my long time friend Bam Bam (those who read my blogs know he died 3 weeks ago) next to me. Now it's Bett. Be assured even before I start telling Rob I feel like shit, Bett is already next to me as to comfort me.

She will lay next to my side of the bed if I am bedridden. If I am outside on our new deck getting some fresh air, there she is! I always marvel at how these friends know you need them. They don’t say I hope you feel better! They don’t get you water when your lips are dry and they don’t get you a snack!

But what they do for you is BE THERE! No questions asked any need for small chatter or they don’t even ask for attention. They are just a quiet friend there for you!

I am reminded of what of my closest friend said to me when I was a teenager. You see as a teenager I was often sick. Nelson came over one day and sat next to me! He did not say a word! We watched TV laughed a little and a few hours later he left. I said to him, I am sorry we did not chat much, because I was not feeling good. He said I just needed your company today.

I have never forgotten those words and always am mindful of his love for me. So friends come if different sizes and packages at times from all over the animal kingdom!

Dedicated to my boy who I miss so much, Bam Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment