Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Day After In My Office! Not Going Home Yet!

Today I had a few minutes to lounge in my office and take a few minutes to look around at my accomplishments.. To think of those that left an impact on me and vice versa. I looked at my FAA "You made a difference Award"! I looked at the notes that Spanish children’s glass sent to me when I left San Francisco. I looked at all my business cards up to 2002! I looked at the past and it felt good.....

As I sat there I wondered what impact I am leaving now. The funnel to the world will be my blogging. My mind is still somewhat active at least long term memory and I have lots to share and advice to give, if anyone wants to read or hear of it!

And I am sure as I move forward I will learn more and thereby add to my experience and therefore share more. I can't say it's easy! One needs a reason to belong, to participate, and to be whole! Man was not made to sit around and wait for death. We were designed and made to live, and so live I shall.

Already in our plans are trips to Europe. I hope to take Rob to Madeira, England, France and Asia so he experiences what I have experienced. We want to do a Disney Cruise with our Grandson Micah and of course we need to be mindful to not neglect our family in Boston or Miami.

So as I leave the past behind, I/we hope to build on it and blog as we move forward and live a happy successful somewhat healthy life while we can. Yes I will be going home but hopefully just not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment